The Lodhi Safety Measures
We have witnessed unprecedented times with the outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic. At The Lodhi, New Delhi we are constantly monitoring the situation and ongoing developments. Our number one priority as always, remains the wellbeing and safety of all our guests and colleagues.
In keeping with our commitment, we have designed the 'Stay Safe Assurance' program to elevate our health, hygiene and safety standards. This all-encompassing approach conforms to the guidelines outlined by the World Health Organization and Ministry of Tourism.
The Lodhi experience may look different in this new environment, but we assure you it will still deliver the warm, intuitive and personalized service we are known for. Our highest priority will be to continue to provide you with enriching experiences, blending our quintessential hospitality with modern-day comforts, whilst ensuring utmost care towards safety protocols at all touch points.
Arrival & Check-in
Arrival at the Airport & Car Transfers:
- All guests will undergo temperature checks before transfers at the airport.
- All baggage will be wiped with disinfectant before being placed in the car.
- Cars will be equipped with kits containing sanitiser, masks, gloves, disinfecting wipes and water.
- Chauffeurs will wear face masks and disposable gloves.
- All cars will be thoroughly sanitised before and after each journey.
- Guests will be offered the option of self-parking their car at designated slots available.
- Shoe sanitiser for all guests upon arrival at the hotel.
- All guests will undergo temperature checks.
- Hand sanitiser and gloves will be available at the entrance.
- Security check will be done through the Door Frame Metal Detectors.
- Baggage scanning machines will be retrofitted with state-of-the-art UV light technology for luggage disinfection.
Welcome & Check-in:
- Guests will be offered an immunity booster wellness drink.
- Details of travel history, medical conditions etc. along with ID and self-declaration form will be required to be shared by guests as per Ministry of Tourism protocols.
- Guests will be offered to be escorted up to their room; if the guest requests for room orientation, the Front Office associate should seek the guest's permission before entering inside the room to explain the features.
- Ultraviolet light technology will be used for sanitising items such as room keys and pens used by guests.
- Rooms will go through the highest levels of deep cleaning with particular attention paid to high-touch items like TV remote controls, handles, door knobs, telephones, in-room control panels, light switches, temperature control panels, plunge pool grills, luggage racks and flooring.
- After cleaning, a safety seal will be placed outside the room door to indicate that the room has not been accessed since being thoroughly sanitised.
- Housekeeping associates will be in prescribed Personal Protective Equipment while cleaning.
- During the cleaning process, guests are requested stay in the lobby near the room.
- Mattress protectors, cushions, pillow protectors, duvets, towels, bathrobes and all other linen will be sent for cleaning after each departure.
- Bath amenities and private bar inclusions will be for single-use, sanitised and sealed.
- Digital in-room dining menu available for guests.
- Our rooms are amongst the largest in the city, ensuring safe distancing for guests; each floor has 5 rooms and each room is separated by 15 feet.
- Most room categories are equipped with a GYMBOX for in-room fitness convenience.
- Sanitisation of all touch points and surface areas such as counter tops, phones, door handles, elevator buttons, railings and lobby furniture at regular intervals.
- Floors will be cleaned with hospital-grade disinfectant every two hours.
- Signage will be placed in the lobby for safe distance to be maintained by all guests and staff members.
- Hand sanitisers will be available at all counters, cloakrooms and guest corridors.
- Page boy will be available for assistance to call the elevator.
- Keeping safe social distancing in mind, maximum 3 guests can use an elevator at a time.
- High pressure cleaning of exterior walls and gates of both guest and employee entrance to be done with enhanced chemicals.
Restaurants & Bars
- Rigorous cleaning and disinfection of all restaurants and bars before opening and between each meal period.
- Tables and chairs will be sanitised after every guest use and re-laid by a specialised team only conducting this exercise.
- Staff will wear disposable gloves and face masks.
- Digital QR-code based menu available for guests.
- Realignment of seating to ensure safe distance between tables.
- Sanitisers will be available at the entrance of the restaurant and placed on each guest table.
- Premium disposable serviettes available on request.
- Service / clearance will be done from the guest room doorstep; service in room will be on request only.
- Service associates will wear gloves and face masks.
- Digital in-room dining menu available for guests.
- In-room dining trolleys will be disinfected after every use.
- Kitchens have been divided into three areas - Range Critical Operation Area, Non-Range Critical Area, and Pre-preparation Area, and markings are being used to maintain a safe distance at all places.
- Kitchen staff will wear face masks and clean protective clothing.
- Gloves will be worn by team members at all times except when at the cooking range. All surfaces and table tops will be sanitised after every use.
- All cooking equipment, containers, utensils, knives, cutlery, etc. will be thoroughly washed with soap and hot water (above 60° C) and sanitised after every use.
- Before being brought into the kitchen, vegetables will be washed with 50 PPM chlorine; meat, poultry and seafood items will be washed and sanitised thoroughly.
- Food preparation area, stores, packaging area, waste disposal area and transport vehicles will be cleaned with soap and water, followed by disinfection using a solution.
- To ensure safety, members are advised to carry their on mats, face towels and water bottles.
- All equipment will be sanitised through the day, after every use.
- Sanitising sprays and wipes will be available on all equipment stations; guests will be encouraged to self-wipe machines before and after usage.
- Disposable towels will be available on entry to the club area.
- Towels will be changed and pool loungers will be sanitised after each guest’s use.
Heart of the House
- Regular temperature checks of all colleagues upon entering the hotel premises.
- Alcohol-based sanitisers will be placed at all critical touch points in the heart of the house areas including lift landings, corridors, the entrance of washrooms, lockers, uniform rooms, cafeteria etc.
- Signage to be placed in employee areas to remind them of the proper way to wear, handle and dispose of masks, use gloves, wash hands, maintain safe distance, etc.
- Medical examinations of all team members to be undertaken.
- In-house hygiene and safety lab to be set up with a designated hygiene and safety manager.
The Lodhi is the only hotel in India to receive the prestigious Sword of Honour in 2020 and 2019 from the British Safety Council, which is widely recognized as the pinnacle of achievement in safety management. The property also received the British Safety Council COVID-19 Assurance Certificate in 2020, as well as the WELL Health-Safety Rating for Facility Operations and Management in 2021 and 2020 from the International WELL Building Institute.